You need a comprehensive IT strategy if you’re going to get the most out of your investment.
If you’re a small business, you probably don’t have a full-time CIO, nor should you. But, you do need somebody in an IT leadership role who understands your business, knows where you’re headed, and can align your IT strategy with your business needs. That’s where the vCIO comes in.
WHAT IS A vCIO?
A VIRTUAL CIO IS AN IT MANAGEMENT/LEADERSHIP SERVICE THAT BRINGS EXPERTISE IN BOTH TECHNOLOGY AND BUSINESS TO MAKE YOUR IT A STRATEGIC PART OF YOUR BUSINESS
A vCIO (or simply some advisory services if you don’t need the ongoing vCIO) can help with the following and more…
- Creating an IT technical execution strategy to align with business needs (i.e., equipment roadmap, staffing models, service provider partnerships)
- Developing strategies to leverage digital technologies to achieve competitive advantage (i.e., eCommerce, digital product development, etc.)
- Performance evaluation/management of existing IT staff
- Disaster recovery, incident response, and business continuity planning
- Writing and implementing policies and processes (security policies, acceptable use, SOPs SLAs)
So, what’s the difference between “vCIO” and “Advisory Services”?
A VCIO SERVICE IS AN ONGOING ENGAGEMENT WITH YOUR BUSINESS. IT MEANS STAYING IN TOUCH WITH YOUR ORGANIZATION, UNDERSTANDING CHANGING BUSINESS NEEDS, AND BEING ABLE TO MAKE SOUND DECISIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS BASED ON YOUR CHANGING ENVIRONMENT AND GOALS.
ADVISORY SERVICES ARE TYPICALLY A ONE-TIME OR OCCASIONALLY-OCCURRING ENGAGEMENT TO EVALUATE YOUR ENVIRONMENT AND MAKE RECOMMENDATIONS.
THE DIFFERENCE IS ENGAGEMENT. ADVISORY SERVICES ARE MORE FOR A SINGLE-PROJECT OR REVAMP EFFORT WHERE VCIO SERVICES ARE FOR LONG-TERM ONGOING OPERATIONAL STRATEGY
We will help analyze, strategize, plan, and monitor your IT efficacy.